Grownups and kids alike will adore this zippy iced tea, with its summery mix of black and hibiscus herbal tea that’s punched up with lemon juice, sugar and lots of fresh berries. From Woman’s Day Kitchen.
black tea bags (I use decaf)
4 berry-hibiscus herbal tea bags (can use Celestial Seasonings Red Zinger or 3-4 tbls. dried hibiscus flowers)
8 cups water
1⁄4 cup white sugar (or honey, agave syrup, etc.)
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1⁄2 cup raspberries
1⁄2 cup blueberries
1⁄2 cup strawberry, quartered
thin lemon slice
1. Place tea bags(if using hibiscus flowers, place in now) in a heatproof pitcher. In a 4-qt saucepan, heat water to a boil.
2. Pour it into the pitcher and steep tea bags for 10 minutes.
3. Remove tea bags; let cool and refrigerate, covered, until cold, about 1 hour.
4. Stir in sugar and lemon juice.
5. Add ice, berries and lemon slices to pitcher.